Finally the day has arrived when after getting up in the morning I don't have to make plans on what I am going to study today.Really had a wonderful sleep last night after finishing the final paper of the Main Examination.I will be heading towards North-East tomorrow to chill out for a week or so.So logged in to say Hello to all of you.
By the way the last paper of mine was Animal Husbandry and Vet Science.The first paper was full of general questions and there were some 5, 10 or 15 mark questions alongside a few 30 markers.However the second paper was a bit tough.I have answered all the questions in both the papers but not sure how much they are going to like it.As there were so many general questions,I could not write any stereotyped answers.Rather I had to recollect whatever I had read so far and put them in one package to write down the answers.
So this is how I am rating my performance in the exam this year.
ESSAY- VERY GOOD
OPTIONAL I-GOOD( ITS UP TO THEM TO ADD THE WORD "VERY" :)
OPTIONAL II- NOT SURE WHETHER VERY GOOD OR VERY BAD.THE MARKS SHOULD BE ANYWHERE BETWEEN 150 TO 350.ITS A LONG MARGIN YOU SEE...
Anyways, a few suggestions for those who are planning to appear in 2010.
- Stop conventional studies right now and try to build up a wide knowledge base which should not necessarily be book based.You should be an avid follower of channels like Discovery,Nat Geo or an avid readers of various magazines like Readers Digest,Yojana,India Today,Kurukshetra,Science TODAY.Try to take maximum benefits from internet as well.
- Do not mug up.Rather try to have an analytical view on every topic.Develop certain new ideas and that can be done only when you think beyond the conventional ways.
- Do not leave any topic in the optionals.It is tough but believe me it is going to do magics for you.Even if you can not have concrete knowledge on every topic, try to have at least some basic ideas.And that can be done only when you start preparations for the Main exam early.What about starting it right now?
- Do not worry about the Preliminary exam.Intensive study for two months solely oriented towards Prelims will suffice the purpose.Your objective should be long term and for that you have to start preparing for Main ASAP.
- Try to finish at least one optional from Main point of view by March.Once you are done with that, you can concentrate on Prelims.
Enough Gyaan for today.Hehehehe.Anyways, once I am back,I'll be joining my job after a long break of around 3 months.I'm missing my job,my work place and my people.Will be updating this blog at regular intervals then and will keep you posted about some interesting incidences, which are very much common in our job profile.Moreover,you will be getting tips from some IAS officers and state civil servants as well in this blog very soon.I have talked to them and they will be posting here their views on this exam.Just give me a few more days or weeks.
By the way, don't forget to pray for my result.Need your wishes big time.
Take care all of you and have a wonderful time.Study well.Signing off now...