- India's first Kisan SEZ in Andhra Pradesh
- Tejas replaced MIG21
- Survey of India, India's Principal Mapping Agency comes under the Dept Of Sc & Tech
- Uruguay 21st nation to join G20
- Pan European Oil Pipeline-Coratia, Serbia,Romania, Italy and Solvenia
- In Andhra Govt started Pavala Vaddi scheme in 2008 to arrange crop loans for the farmers
- Chattisgarh is the only tin ore producing state in the country.
- Haryana became the first State in the country to achieve 100 per cent rural electrification
- Dudhsagar waterfalls, Baga and Anjuman beaches are in Goa
- Country's First Green Field International Airport has been set up at Devanahalli near Bangalore
- The Vallamkali or boat race is typical of Kerala.
- Onam is the most typical of Kerala festivals which
coincides with the harvest season. It is now celebrated on astronomical New Year
- Manipur is the only spt on earth in which the Brow-antlered deer (Cervus eldi eldi) commonly known as Sangai is found. This rare deer is surviving in its natural habital at the Keibul Lamjo.
- Meghalaya-Behdeinkhlam’, the most important and colourful
festival of the Jaintias is celebrated annually at Jowai in Jaintia Hills in July. ‘Wangala
festival’ is observed for a week to honour Saljong (Sungod) of the Garos
- Kut is
the Mizo term for festival. Among the various cultural festivals, only three viz.
Chapchar Kut, Mim Kut & Thalfavang Kut are observed today.
- The HORNBILL festival conceived by the Tourism Department and held in
the first week of December is an annual event where all tribes of Nagaland come together
- Sikkim is one of the 18 biodiversity hotspots in the world
- The premier monastery of Sikkim is Pemayantshe in Pelling
- Late Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru described Puducherry
as "the Window of French Culture".
Monday, May 4, 2009
Daily Dose-GK & CURRENT AFFAIRS
at 4:16 PM